Baby Beehinds Wool Covers
More coming in size L and M. Contact me to pre-order
Made from 100% Australian Wool, our beautiful wool covers are the ultimate cover for your night nappy (but also great for day times). Wool is the perfect material for a night nappy cover due to its ability to hold wetness without feeling wet, and it's superior breathability.
Our covers come in Small, Medium & Large, and are a stretchy, generous fit to ensure that the whole night nappy is covered. This is a pull-up style cover, which we know will become a valuable part of your night nappy system.
Caring for your Wool Covers
Wool covers require some extra care, but don't worry, it's not difficult!
- BeeHinds wool covers only need washing every few weeks! (Providing they are not soiled and have been lanolised well enough).
- When you change your baby's nappy, hang the wool cover to air dry until you next need to use it again (it is best to alternate between covers when using wool). The lanolin in the wool neutralizes the urine, meaning your cover self-cleaning.
- You only need to wash your cover if it becomes soiled, stinky or dirty, or when it requires re-lanolising. If your baby is a heavy wetter with very strong urine, you will probably need to lanolisemore regularly. We'd recommend lanolising about once per fortnight.
- Baby BeeHinds wool covers can be machine washed, on the gentle cycle, inside a laundry or delicates bag.
- Make sure you only wash incold waterusing a gentle wool wash.
- If you prefer, you may choose to wash by hand in cool water using soap flakes or wool wash (ideal). These are nice and gentle on the natural fibers of the wool.
- Once clean, rinse well under cool water, lanolise, and then hang in the shade to dry.
- Do not soak your wool covers in whitening or soaking solutions
- Do not tumble dry
In order for your wool cover to perform its best, it needs to be ' lanolised'. Lanolin is the natural oil found in wool that helps to keep sheep dry in the rain. The wool needs to have this lanolin replenished every couple of weeks to maintain its leak proof abilities. Don't stress, lanolising is pretty simple and only needs to be done every 2-4 weeks!
The best product to use is 'Lansinoh', which is sold at chemists (commonly used to soothe sore nipples when breastfeeding). It is the purest form of lanolin available and is completely natural and hypoallergenic.
- Simply fill a bucket or sink with about 5cm of very hot water, than add a pea-sized amount of pure lanolin and mix to melt and disperse.
- Once the lanolin is melted and evenly dispersed throughout the hot water, add enough cold water to make it cool
- Submerge your cover into the solution and squeeze the cover to distribute the lanolin into the fibres, then leave to soak for a couple of hours or overnight.
- When you are ready to remove the cover, do not rinse it, just squeeze out the excess water by hand.
- Roll your cover up in a towel to remove as much moisture as possible, and then lay flat in the shade to dry.
- Re- lanolise every 2-4 weeks, or when the cover starts to get a bit stinky!